An opportunity has arisen to move the timing of the British Fly Fair International to a February date. As many will know when the old venue at Trentham was lost the BFFI was forced to relocate to a June date at the Staffordshire County Showground. Whilst the new venue is far superior the show timing proved less popular with show visitors as it was in the middle of the fishing season.
The new February date will put the show to a date outside the main fishing seasons – the advantages of this include –
- BFFI will act as a pre season get together for flyfishers and flytyers to socialise and discuss plans for the new season.
- BFFI will provide an opportunity to stock up on items of fishing tackle and fly tying equipment ready for the new season.
- BFFI will not clash with any major fly fishing events
and as always
- BFFI will still retain its quality demonstrations including the International Fly Tyers rows, Tying Clinic, Theatre presentations and casting demos.
- BFFI will still feature invited trade stands with the emphasis on products and services that are specialist, niche and of high quality.